Dorset Business Angels (DBA) have announced the date for their next investors’ pitch event which will take place on Monday 10th February at the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and is urging potential investors to book a place at the popular event. Businesses pitch in a Dragon’s Den type forum, in a bid to grab the attention and investment from Angel Investors.
DBA Chairman Don McQueen advises, “We always attract some incredibly interesting and innovative pitches and this latest event is no exception! We would very much like to encourage potential investors to come along, network and maybe discover an exciting, new investor proposition. Even if someone has not invested before you would be made very welcome at our event, even to just come along and listen!”
Investors pitching include:
- A business that offers marine navigation equipment. Millions of today’s leisure sailors struggle with navigation; the process is cumbersome, time-consuming and error-prone. The Company’s founder, an experienced round the world sailor, realised there is a huge gap in what is offered today, when it comes to navigational aids and tools. Whilst there are a number of sophisticated apps and tools available, none of them combine all the required calculations in one easy to use solution. The business has an impressive number of more than 20,000 sailors now using the platform.
- An 18 year old online childrens’ outdoor clothing retailer business which was incorporated into a retail group as part of its expansion. The Company stocks a range of clothing and footwear for children aged from 6 months to 14 years. The brand portfolio consists of over 50 of the best brands from around the world, selling over 1300+ outdoor wear products and offering an unsurpassed choice to its customers.
- A tethered drone systems business which operates in the commercial drone sector makes a return visit to the investor ‘den’. DBA’s have previously invested in this innovative company in a previous round and the business returns to update the DBA members and launch a further round of funding. The Company has continued to develop its impressive technology over the past couple of years and has a CAA licence to operate its equipment.
- A company in the health & safety sector offers alert technology. Established in 2017 this business manufactures the world’s first and only real-time warning devices for airborne asbestos – the world’s biggest occupational killer. Their vital early warning technology is incorporated into their monitors, that help reduce the risk of prolonged exposure, reduce costly project delays and improve asbestos safety in the workplace.
- A business in the sustainability sector. Forests are shrinking with an estimated loss of 13 million hectares per annum. This Company specialises in creating native forests, planting small, medium and large commercial woodland all over the world. The company has been contracted to work on numerous projects for The Environment Agency, The Forestry Commission and HS2 Woodlands.
DBA was formed in 2013 with the aim to bring investors and entrepreneurs together to accelerate the growth of early stage businesses. DBA provides quality, private equity investment opportunities to local high net worth (HNW) and sophisticated investors (SI).
Four times a year companies are invited to attend an event at which they pitch their business to the savvy Angels in a Dragon’s Den type scenario. Angel investment might come from a single investor or it could be 2 or 3 Angels pooling funds together to support a company. Any investments are in the form of an equity investment and not a debtor’s loan. Investments are made across all sectors.
DBA is sponsored by Saffery Champness Accountants, Ellis Jones Solicitors and Investec Wealth and Investmen
To book a place at the DBA Pitch Event visit https://dba-february-10th-pitch-event.eventbrite.co.uk