Dorset Business Angels (DBA) have announced the date for their next investors’ pitch event which will take place on Monday 29th April at the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and is urging potential investors to book a place at the popular event.
DBA Chairman Don McQueen advises, “We are delighted at the number of businesses who applied to pitch to the Angels at our second event in 2019. Investors will have five very different and unique potential investment opportunities pitched to them. These include:
- A catering company which has patented its grill technology. Enjoying significant growth, the company is seeking to consolidate its UK market position and expand its export activities, particularly in the USA.
- A company that launched an app that introduces customers to cut-price meals at restaurants is returning to the Angel’s Den to update members on its progress, having initially secured grant funding via DBA. Where Deliveroo delivers food to people, this Company delivers people to food. The business is now seeking funding for a national roll-out.
- A local start-up LED lighting systems company which is set to change to market in roller blinds. Using LED technology to backlight the standard roller blind, stunning results can be obtained, which the Company believes will revolutionise this sector of the market. It is seeking seed funding to launch the product.
- A cyber security company, launched in 2017 by former employees working in the security arm of a well-known Plc. The founders have created an innovative subscription model software product. The first version was released last July and further trials are underway. They are now seeking funding to scale up product development.
- A broadband communications business which is addressing the problem of ‘hard to reach’ areas across the UK without an acceptable broadband service. They have developed modern wireless technology which is now equivalent to fibre in terms of performance, but without all the inconvenience and cost caused by digging, to the public and the provider.
Don added, “We welcome potential investors to come along, network and maybe discover an exciting, new investor proposition! Even if someone has not invested before you would be made very welcome at our event.”
The evening will also include a presentation by one of the DBA sponsors, Abi Sinden of Ellis Jones Solicitors. Abi, who is a Business Services Solicitor, will open the event with a short presentation including a visual summary of intellectual property protections and how they add value and growth to your investment. Abi will remind investors of the different intellectual property rights that may exist in a business, how to make sure it is protected and how they could exploit it for maximum return on investment.
DBA provides quality, private equity investment opportunities to local high net worth (HNW) and sophisticated investors (SI).
Four times a year companies are invited to attend an event at which they pitch their business to the savvy Angels in a Dragon’s Den type scenario. Angel investment might come from a single investor or it could be 2 or 3 Angels pooling funds together to support a company. Any investments are in the form of an equity investment and not a debtor’s loan. Investments are made across all sectors.
To book a place at the event, click here.