A flood prevention company, conversational marketing platform, food manufacturing company and business offering services to IT prepare to pitch to Dorset Business Angels in Bournemouth.
Dorset Business Angels (DBA) have announced the date for their next investors’ pitch event which will take place on Monday 18th February at the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and is urging potential investors to book a place at the popular event.
DBA Chairman Don McQueen advises,
“We are delighted at the number of businesses who applied to pitch to the Angels at our first event in 2019. Investors will have four very different and unique potential investment opportunities pitched to them.”
- A company offering services to IT, with a platform that automatically matches the demands of cloud computing with the hardware resources available on users’ laptops, PC’s, servers or even smart phones.
- A flood prevention company which has a patented product, designed to limit the damage caused by surface water flooding. The present product will prevent floodwater up to a height of 300mm from entering a building.
- An innovative food manufacturing company which provides household food equipment products and has successfully secured listings with OCADO, Amazon, John Lewis and ASDA.
- An early stage, conversational marketing platform that helps businesses to use their digital customer conversations as a sales and marketing opportunity, driven by machine learning and AI.
- A legal services company that has addressed the need to revitalise the fragmented, labour intensive, dispute resolution process.
“We welcome potential investors to come along, network and maybe discover an exciting, new investor proposition! Even if someone has not invested before you would be made very welcome at our event.”
The evening will also include a presentation by one of the DBA sponsors, Rob Jones, Senior Investment Director of Investec Wealth & Investment. He will open the event with a brief presentation, detailing Investec’s view of 2019 for investors, including their interpretation of challenges and opportunities for investors in the year ahead.
DBA was formed in 2013 with the aim to bring investors and entrepreneurs together to accelerate the growth of early stage businesses. DBA provides quality, private equity investment opportunities to local high net worth (HNW) and sophisticated investors (SI).
Four times a year companies are invited to attend an event at which they pitch their business to the savvy Angels in a Dragon’s Den type scenario. Angel investment might come from a single investor or it could be 2 or 3 Angels pooling funds together to support a company. Any investments are in the form of an equity investment and not a debtor’s loan. Investments are made across all sectors.
To book a place at the DBA Pitch Event visit our Eventbrite page.