Dorset Business Angels (DBA) will hold their next pitch event on February 6th at the Bournemouth Carlton Hotel.
DBA helps entrepreneurs raise equity capital from their investor membership, through their investment events.
Five pitches are confirmed for the event:
- A Company installing and managing a network of public electric aircraft chargers at remote UK airfields. Electric-powered aircraft are already flying. Although not yet certified for general commercial use, short-range commuting journeys will soon become a reality. As electric aircraft increase in size and number, systems will be required to address the widespread commercialisation of electric aviation, within the commercial parameters of pre-existing general aviation business models. This Company is planning to install and manage aircraft chargers at remote airfield sites under a monthly subscription business model, whilst offering electric aircraft for hire, training, and hour-building activities to pre-existing flying groups in localised regions.
- A Health Tech SaaS-enabled platform ready for EIS funding to match Innovate UK grant. Dietitians, nutritionists, counsellors, therapists, coaches and more, work alone and siloed. Their biggest worries are getting new clients and being compliant. This platform offers a ‘business in a box’ service for health & well-being practitioners making them compliant in their client management, efficient to free up time, (up to 1 hour a day), and collaborative (able to work as a team) for an increased earning potential and improved outcomes.
- Video, digital and print content creation and distribution for the adventure market. More people than ever now engage in some sort of outdoor activity, but for the hardy types that engage in more than one activity, they can only access single-activity media content. This company has developed a platform that addresses these issues for all brands, with their suite of services covering content production.
- An app allowing users to build their own trading strategies, discover investments and access professional trading tools without any coding. Many people employ the services of an investment manager in one of the large financial services companies to look after their investment portfolio. Some, however, who would like to exercise more control over their portfolio, face many problems trying to combine the professional advice offered by their IFA and the accessibility provided by DIY trading apps. This Company, founded in 2020, has devised a new wealth-tech app, primarily aimed at these investors, to give them the ability to trade commission-free on an ‘execution only’ basis.
- Combining nutrition technology and clinical research, this company creates drinks with blends of amino acids designed to deliver functional benefits for active lifestyles. This Company is the first to launch a nutritional drinks brand that gives customers access to the unique healing power of amino acids. They currently offer a range of 10 amino acid-based formulations, designed for targeted outcomes – function, taste, clean label & ESG. Founded in 2017 and launched online in 2019, they now have significant traction, with sales now in excess of 10K units, and a 12% MOM average growth rate.
DBA will also welcome BCP Head of Economic Development, Adrian Trevett who will give a brief presentation.
Don McQueen, DBA Chairman says, “February 6th is set to be a great event with an interesting and varied range of pitches to grab the attention of investors. Whilst 2023 may prove to be a difficult year for businesses, DBA will continue to bring investors and entrepreneurs together to accelerate the growth of early-stage businesses.”
DBA Director and Event Manager Debbie Frith comments, “We have attracted a good number of new investor members recently and very much look forward to welcoming them at the event. We’re also running an Angel Investing Workshop on April 17th for new and existing angel investors who want to understand more about the process. Full details are on the website”
DBA was formed in 2013 and provides quality, private equity investment opportunities to local high net worth (HNW) and sophisticated investors (SI). Any investments are in the form of an equity investment and not a debtor’s loan. Investments are made across all sectors.
Angel investment might come from a single investor, or it could be 2 or 3 Angels pooling funds together to support a company as a syndicate.
DBA is sponsored by Saffery Champness Accountants, Ellis Jones Solicitors and Investec Wealth and Investment. To book on to the pitch event visit