Dorset Business Angels (DBA) will hold their first face to face pitch event in 2022 on Monday, April 4th at the Bournemouth Carlton Hotel. DBA helps entrepreneurs raise equity capital from their investor membership, through their investment pitch events.
Five pitchers are confirmed to present at the in-person event:
- A UK made revolutionary patent-pending face mask: the product has been developed to combat air pollution and is designed to help you move more and stay healthy. With air pollution being declared a global health emergency by the WHO, research shows that existing pollution masks are ineffective due to poor facial sealing, and are often described as hot, uncomfortable, and embarrassing to wear. This Company’s product addresses these issues with a reinvented airtight seal, highly efficient exhalation valves and a modular reusable construction.
- An innovative customer data capture platform: data from online and offline sources is captured and interpreted so that telecoms operations can optimise its use in marketing. This Company was formed by the team that launched a Vodafone AI marketing platform in 21 European markets between 2015-2018. They have now turned their attention towards launching a similar platform for other telecom companies that aim to capture data from their subscribers in similar markets. Ultimately, their platform will offer telecom providers in 50 countries – including mid-tier ‘Telcos’ in emerging markets – with access to an addressable market of some 550 million subscribers.
- A mental health support platform: providing employees access to bespoke mental health, wellbeing resources and toolkits whenever they like. The new home/office working environment has called for a complete re-think as to how companies manage their employee’s mental wellbeing. This Company was formed after founders experienced difficulties in accessing mental health support. They have now launched a platform to address this need which uses an algorithm to seek the right support for an individual by providing access to over 12,000 mental health providers. Their view is ‘the better the match, the better the outcome’.
- Digital Passports for Healthcare Professionals: A secure, portable digital passport for a modern healthcare ecosystem. This Company provides a digital staff passport system for employees working in the medical services sector. It aims to modernise the way medical services verify staff identities, qualifications, and certifications and where necessary, introduce suitable training portfolios. It also allows employees to control their own credentials and share information on demand, thereby reducing organisation costs and wasted clinical time. It also enables them to spend more time caring for their patients.
- Shift Working Marketplace for Hospitality Staff: A platform designed to help employers and staff work flexibly together. Employers post shifts, staff apply, and the Company takes care of payment, payroll, and paperwork. Hiring good people on flexible permanent contracts is always difficult, so there is a need to give them flexibility, variety, and control. This Company has developed a platform that is tech led and ratings driven and has proved to be more reliable than using the normal agency approach. In revenue and seeing a 3x growth on pre-pandemic levels, they are now being trialled by several national organisations. Having recently launched in London they have achieved revenues in one month that it took 14 months to achieve in their first ‘launch’ city.
DBA also welcomes Mark Kilby from Saffery Champness who will deliver a brief presentation for angel investors on the importance of EIS and SEIS; an overview and update on the tax benefits and how EIS/SEIS works.
Founder Director Peter Eales commented “we’re thrilled to be hosting an in-person event once more in Bournemouth – of course, we’ll be videoing the event too, so we can continue to engage effectively with our wider membership who are based across the UK, thanks to the online event programme that we ran throughout the pandemic. Pitch videos and pitch decks will be hosted on our website Pitch Portal and will be available for members and those booking onto the event to view.”
DBA was formed in 2013 and provides quality, private equity investment opportunities to local high net worth (HNW) and sophisticated investors (SI). Any investments are in the form of an equity investment and not a debtor’s loan. Investments are made across all sectors. Angel investment might come from a single investor, or it could be 2 or 3 Angels pooling funds together to support a company as a syndicate.
DBA is sponsored by Saffery Champness Accountants, Ellis Jones Solicitors and Investec Wealth and Investment. To book a ticket for the in-person pitch event please visit our Eventbrite page.