Where talent and investors meet
We invest in start-up and early stage high-growth businesses pitched to us at our Investors’ Dinners which run four times a year.
Dorset Business Angels Network Limited (DBA/Dorset Business Angels) provide quality, private equity investment opportunities to local High Net Worth (HNW) and Sophisticated Investors (SI).
We help early stage businesses find equity capital, especially in southern England, as it is our local area.
We do this by bringing our Investors and Entrepreneurs together to accelerate the growth of early stage businesses.
What are Business Angels?
We are all HNW and / or Sophisticated Investors:
Business angels are people from a wide variety of backgrounds, men and women, of all ages who invest their own money into startup and early stage high growth businesses. In return for a share of the equity. Typically a business angels are:
- Individuals willing to risk their own cash as seed capital for early stage businesses.
- Successful “exited” entrepreneurs.
- Retired senior executives.
- Family or inherited money.
- Those who are involved with their own business with access to funds.
- Those willing to invest time as well as cash.
- Wanting to “give back” and have fun!
- Considerable in number - UK Business Angels Association UKBAA (our Trade Body) estimates there are 18,000 investors among its 160 member organisations.
- The largest source of investment collectively for the UK's startups and early stage businesses with an estimated £1.5b p.a.